Top 10 Nitric Oxide Foods:
Here are the top 10 nitric oxide foods :
1. Beets – Beetroot juice contains nitrates that are shown to decrease blood pressure and improve athletic performance.
2. Collard greens – Green leafy vegetables are high in nitrate content.
3. Nuts – Walnuts and Brazil nuts are rich in L-Arginine and vitamin E that are important for NO production.
4. Spinach – Contains high nitrate content and one of the excellent nitric oxide foods.
5. Kiwi fruit – Contains high vitamin C required for NO production.
6. Sea food – Protein rich foods have good amounts of L-Arginine.
7. Lean meats – Good source of B vitamins and protein that are required pre-cursors.
8. Broccoli – Excellent source of vitamin C and also contains good amounts of nitrates.
9. Red chili peppers – A study showed that capsaicin found in peppers increased the production of nitric oxide and helped reducing blood pressure.
10. Lettuce – Contains high amounts of nitrate and also a good source of vitamins and minerals.
The enzyme nitric oxide synthase (NOS) produces nitric oxide from the amino acid L-Arginine. Research studies conducted on L-Arginine and nitric oxide, found that vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin B are also required for the enzyme to successfully produce NO.